CONNECT WITH US
ECCC&S DOCTRINAL STATEMENT
The following Doctrinal Statement sets forth the theological position of this school. This statement provides a basis for doctrinal agreement and unity. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all we believe. This statement of doctrine is to serve as an outline to define our general interpretation of Scripture. It is a framework which we conclude consistent with the whole of scripture.
- The Scriptures: We believe the scripture, both the Old and New Testament are verbally and plenary the inspired Word of God, without error in its original documents. We also affirm the scripture to be the complete revelation of God's will for the salvation of mankind. The divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life. The scripture is the ultimate expression of God's revelation. (11 Timothy 3:16 ‑ 17; II Peter 1:20‑21)
- The True and Living God.: We believe in one true and living God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, Holy Spirit. We believe that those three persons are of one essence, equal in every divine perfection and execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation and redemption. (John 1:1‑2; 15:2)
- The Father: We believe that God is eternally existent as three persons in one essence, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. We believe that the Father is the first person of the Godhead, creator of heaven and earth, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power, and that He hears and answers our prayers and saves us from sin and death. All come to Him through our Lord Jesus Christ. (Genesis 1:1; Exodus 15:11; Matthew 6:6; John 1:12)
- Jesus Christ: We believe in the deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the only‑begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and that He is fully man. We believe He lived a sinless life, died on the cross, and rose again bodily, ascended into heaven, sits on the right hand of the Father as savior, redeemer, justifier, reconciler, and one day He will come again to judge the living and the dead. (John 3:16; Matthew 1:18‑23; Acts 1:9‑11; 1 Peter 3:22; John 5:25‑30)
V. The Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit from eternity is the third person of the God Head. We believe that the Holy Spirit is neither made, created, nor, begotten, but is one and the same essence, majesty and glory with t1he Father and the Son. He convicts the world of sin, regenerates, teaches, equips, empowers, and fills the believer. (John 16:7‑11; John 14:26)
We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person, co‑equal with God in all his attributes. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the God Head, is sent by the Lord Jesus Christ from the Father to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment; to regenerate, seal, indwell, guide, and teach the believer; and to empower Christians to live in victory over sin. (Romans 8:9; John 14:26; John 16:7‑11)
- Man: We believe that humankind was created by God, and in his image and likeness, that man fell through disobedience and willful sin, and comes under the condemnation of a holy God, and is utterly helpless to remedy his lost condition apart from the grace of God, and the only way man can be forgiven is by the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Genesis 1:26; Romans 3:23; 5:12; Ephesians 2:12)
- Creation: We believe the Genesis account as being a historical record of creation. It is accepted literally, not allegorically nor figuratively and it is believed that the universe with all that is in it was created by God, apart from pre‑existing materials and without evolutionary process. (Genesis 1: 1 ‑2)
- The Way of Salvation: We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and not by one's own works or merit. We believe salvation is a gift from God and the Son of God, and is received solely by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, who accomplished complete redemption by His substitutionary death and shedding of His precious blood. We believe the full assurance of the believer is in his salvation, and those who have a true saving knowledge of Christ shall persevere. (John 3:18; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8‑9; Galatians 2:16; 1 John 1:9; Romans 6:18)
- Satan: We believe that Satan was originally created perfect, as all things that a perfect God would create. He was a perfect being until sin entered him and he rebelled against God. As a result, he and the host of angelic beings that fell with him became depraved and enemies of all righteousness and the plan of God. They have been judged and defeated at the death and resurrection of Christ, and are ultimately doomed. Satan will face his punishment at the final rebellion described in Revelation. (Genesis 3:1‑19; Ephesians 6:1317; 1 Peter 5:8; Revelations 20:10)
- The Last Days: We believe in the personal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ; that Christ will return in the rapture and revelation, rescuing the saints before the tribulation to translate His church from the earth; and between this event and His glorious return with His saints, He will reward believers according to their works. (I Thessalonians 4:16; Titus 2:13; I Corinthians 15:51‑53; I Thessalonians 4:5‑11; I Corinthians 3:11‑15; II Corinthians 5:10)
- Christian Ethics: We believe in the necessity of Christian ethics and the integrity that is within all believers; and in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and by whom the church is empowered to carry out Christ's great commission.